Friday 13 March 2015

Task 4A: Questions on my Professional Inquiry

How to secure professional work

Agents

I am very interested if anyone has an agent as there are a few questions I would like to ask.

  1. What is your relationship like with your agent?
  2. Does your agent get you the auditions/work that you want to do?
  3. How often do you communicate with your agent? is it in person? email? phone? or a bit of everything?
  4. How many auditions do you get on average in a week?

Auditions

I have been really picky with auditions but I have recently noticed that there are periods where there are loads of auditions and then a month later theres nothing.  I do have spotlight but although I have applied to various jobs only a handful have got back to me to ask me to audition for them.
  1. Are there other people looking for professional work having the same problem?
  2. If you don't have an agent, where is your main source for getting auditions?
  3. Have you managed to find work flexible enough for you to attend auditions?

Self Promotion

As mentioned in my previous post I have started to post videos on my youtube channel www.youtube.com/hollydanielsuk but I have a few questions about promoting myself.
  1. Do casting directors watch the whole video or just maybe 30 seconds?
  2. Is is worth having a showreel?
  3. Are there other ways that I can promote myself other than with photos and videos?
I find myself stuck with this as I can't seem to find other ways to get myself more known.  If anyone has any ideas feel free to post in the comment box below as I really am stuck on ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Holly - a practical area - is it worth contacting James from Module 1 who has some work doing 'casting' www.jamesbapp.blogspot.co.uk - different than agents - have you found much literature on this area?

    ReplyDelete