Sunday 12 October 2014

Task 1d: 2D Images

Images are very popular in social media and is a great way of sharing photos with friends and members of the public.  My main image bank that I use is instagram which has grown very popular with billions of users.

My instagram is:
www.instagram.com/hollydanielsuk 

I have recently uploaded a few of my portfolio photos which I have used in auditions to get jobs.  They are full body shots but due to instagram I can't show you the whole photo.
I do think that this is useful in getting work as casting directors can look at your account and they get an idea of what you look at and what you have done.  I uploaded two photos one was just a plain body shot and the other is me doing a box split leap.  I am very lucky to have the flexibility that I have so I am going to make good use of it and show everyone what I can do.  I think it is good to have different images to show off and it shows versatility and would therefore make you more employable.

On my account I have various Disney photos as I had a great opportunity to work at Disneyland earlier this year.  Some photos show what I did when I was there and shows people what Disneyland is really like.
I also have various quotes on my page.  I find quotes very inspirational and motivating so when I find a good quote I post it so that everyone can see.

I am very weary of what I post on Instagram as I am aware that it is viewable to the public and I don't to be seen a bad way. I only post images that mean something to me or the photo was taken on an memorable occasion that I don't want to forget.  I do see my page mainly for myself like a photo album but online and public.  I enjoy reminiscing over past images as I know that I put them on Instagram for a reason and I hope that my friends and members of the public enjoy them too.  

2 comments:

  1. Good to be thinking about images of you. Do you have things divided some as images for professional practice and other that are friends and family? How do you make sure someone looking for your headshot does not find you at a party? what do you think of this? I wanted to find out more about a professor and found a picture of him drinking a beer and even though it was personal not professional it made me feel he was approachable and I felt better about meeting him.
    !
    What do you think?
    Adesola

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have recently been using Instagram to get back into drawing - my daughter suggested Inktoberfest - I am now lifelonglearnerldn as I changed my name from paulanottingham - as I took my name off because it is a bit of an experiment - lots of younger people doing this but serving the purpose of getting back into a routine. Adesola's comment about personal and professional is a good one that we all have to consider these days - but it is more complicated than a complete split of the two realms.

    ReplyDelete