Wednesday 13 April 2016

Self Promotion with Social Media

I have found Social Media beneficial in two ways:
1) It allows you to connect with various artists as well as friends/family
2) It allows you to promote yourself as a performer

When I started this course I have only used number 1, to connect with people I already know. Since then I have discovered different methods and tools that have allowed me to discover how I can use social media and make it beneficial for myself.  I already had a Facebook, instagram and twitter but I now have been introduced to delicious, youtube and google +. 

I am also new to blogging. I have found it very useful to keep in contact with various people including members on BAPP so that I can see what they are up and to help them out as much as I can.  It has been very reassuring to know that everyone is in the same boat and by getting feedback from tutors and other students has been very useful.

I did create a SIG on Facebook: getting into professional work. I haven't found this as useful as I originally planned. I found that because I was a member of other peoples SIGs as so many other students are, it was very difficult to keep in contact with all of them and contributing as much as I could. 

No comments:

Post a Comment