Wednesday 2 March 2016

Reviewing Module 2/Starting Module 3

I have been extremely busy these past few months, working full time and now trying to organise myself before I jet off to America in June as well as finding time to do this course.

Reviewing Module 2 
I am currently looking at more literature on Agents, Auditions and Self Promotion. I am looking at online sources as well as books to help me with this.
I also have to consider who to interview and what questions I would like to ask. I am hoping to find an agent to help me with this but I have currently not had much luck in finding one.

Before I being Module 3 I want to talk about my journey so far in terms of my professional career.
I have personally struggled financially keeping fit and attending dance classes in order to find work. I therefore had to take up a full time anti-social job so that I can still attend classes and auditions during the day and work in the evenings/weekends. I have therefore become a very busy individual and have to organise my day accordingly to get this course completed.
I would like to focus this module on personal branding and how an artist can develop and become more known in the industry. Although I do not know many people I am hoping to speak to casting directors and agents in an interview to see what they see in clients and what sort of things they look for when auditioning.

Meanwhile I have recently been offered a job in New York for the summer where I will be working at a summer camp teaching children dance and musical theatre. I am very excited about this opportunity as it will allow be to get back into the industry as well as network with individuals from around the world.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Holly - yes more literature - I enjoyed our talk and hope discussions with others on the course or who have recently completed will also be helpful.

    ReplyDelete