Friday 17 April 2015

Task 6A: Informal Trial - Survey

I decided to do a survey as my informal trail as I felt this was the easiest and efficient way to collect information.  From doing a survey I was able to remain fair as I collected information anonymously.
The information that I collected from the survey has proven very interesting. Most of the answers were very similar but from doing this survey I have found out more about auditions, agents and showreels. 

Auditions
From producing this survey I have found new casting sites which I have never encountered before but have seem to be great for finding out about auditions.  Casting Call Pro, Singers Pro and Talent Cast were mentioned to find auditions. I am now looking into joining these sites as they offer a free sign up so that I can decide if it is useful to me or not.

Agents

One of my questions is about agents and although most of the participants of my survey did not have an agent, a high percentage said that it is worth getting one.  As I am currently in the process of getting more information about agents and which agents to apply to.  I am finding it quite challenging as I am currently not in a show and haven't got a showreel to send them. 

Showreel

Everyone who I asked that had a showreel said that it was beneficial to them.  I have always wanted to make a showreel for myself but I unfortunately do not have a variety of content to put in it and I wouldn't know where to start.  I therefore made a youtube channel but I fear that because they are self tape videos they aren't very professional and I have no yet come across and alternative.


Things that I want to look into further 

  • It is better to send hard copies or email my CV and headshot to agents?
  • Would I need to write a cover letter? What to include in it?
  • How will I find content for a showreel? How to make it look professional?

No comments:

Post a Comment