Tuesday 28 April 2015

Update

Yesterday I had a meeting with a industry professional who gave me some advice of my current situation.

Before the meeting I found all my west end programmes, wrote down everyones name and researched all their agents. I then researched all the agents to see where I would see myself.  What I didn't know was that the ones that really caught my eye were "big" agents. She told me that I should apply for smaller agencies and then work my way towards the bigger ones as I wouldn't be seen at all and would be in her words "a small fish in a big pond"

She mentioned that the problem with applying for agents is that most agencies would like to see you in a show before they represent you.  The problem is because I am not currently in show, I can't get an agent to see me.

She later mentioned a musical theatre post graduate course, to brush up on technique but it also gives the opportunity to be involved in a showcase and could quite possibly get me an agent.

I also got advice on my headshot and CV in regards to presentation and I was advised to change my headshot every 18 months-2 years so that it is up to date.

Overall it was a helpful advice and I am now starting to write to agents and hopefully hear back from a few, although it doesn't look too promising.  Whilst I am writing to them I will continue to audition and attend class.

1 comment: